Sunday, December 26, 2010

Banana Pancake Recipe

I love pancakes for breakfast.  However, they are not easy on the waistline.  1/3 cup of Bisquick mix -- two small pancakes -- is 160 calories and about 5 grams of fat.  I don't know about you, but that's not enough for me.  So, by harnessing the power of the internet and making my own little tweaks, I've developed a pancake recipe that actually tastes like you're eating banana bread.


1/2 cup oats (old fashioned or quick)
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1 banana
2 Tbsp Splenda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 dash salt

Combine all the ingredients in a blender -- I find it works best to grind the oats by themselves first -- and then treat it like regular pancake batter.  Serves 2 (we got 6 - 1/8 cup pancakes per serving).

Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories - 195 (150 without the banana)
Fat - 1.5 g
Carbs - 29.5 (18 without the banana)
Fiber - 3.5 g (2 without the banana)
Protein - 16 g

(For those of you on Weight Watchers, I put it into the Recipe Builder, and it's 4 Points Plus.)

1 comment: